While precise dates are still being finalized, the following provides a general view of the competition schedule. The Qualifying Round will take place approximately 27-28 months after the January 2012 prize launch. From the Qualifying Round, 10 teams will advance based on:
- (a) a controlled demonstration of sensor validity; and
- (b) an evaluation of supporting studies, multimedia, and prototypes.
The Final Round is scheduled to occur approximately 39-40 months after the prize launch. The Final Round competition will include:
- (a) a diagnostic competition on 15-30 consumers per team;
- (b) a concurrent consumer experience evaluation; and
- (c) proof of adequate high-frequency data logging.
Teams advancing to the Final Round will compete in both the diagnostic and consumer experience evaluation portions of the competition.